We designed and installed an efficient, state-of-the-art exhaust system, and a substantial trunk line support network, to help this client achieve a healthy laboratory environment and the capacity to offer more services.
The client wanted to upgrade their laboratory to accommodate expansion and a wider array of laboratory services. They needed us to custom design, prefabricate, and install a complete exhaust system.
We leveraged our AutoCAD expertise to design a fully-welded laboratory exhaust system that can handle operating pressures of negative 10.5 inches. Our installation solutions included:
- Three media absorption devices
- Two 20,470-cubic-feet-per-minute roof-mounted exhaust fans
- A 46-inch round, stainless steel, high-pressure exhaust system
To complete connection, maintain proper pressurization within the system, and carry the system’s main trunk line, we also:
- Connected additional ductwork to the lab hoods
- Installed new airflow valves
- Constructed a network of galvanized I-beams with bottom elevations ranging from 18.5 to 22.5 feet
- Connected 28-inch round drop-downs to the media absorption devices
ExxonMobil is one of the world’s largest publicly-traded energy providers and chemical manufacturers.